About Us

The Contact Centre is run by trained volunteers from across the community, who are all DBS checked.

How are arrangements made?

Referrals can be made through your Solicitor, CAFCASS or social worker. We also accept self-referrals. A referral form and guidelines to help you can be downloaded from below or requested from the coordinator.

To help you, please ensure you read the guidelines before completing the form.

Do they go out of the Centre?

That depends on the individual circumstances and on what has been agreed beforehand by the parents, in writing, or by the Court.

What will I find there?

The Contact Centre offers a large play area equipped with a variety of toys and games. There is no charge to use the Centre and tea, coffee, squash and biscuits are available throughout the session. Small voluntary donations towards running costs are always gratefully received. We ask that the parent with whom the child is living introduce the child to the Centre before contact takes place.

Do I meet my ex-partner?

Not if you do not wish to; let your solicitor or the coordinator know and it will be arranged.

What if I can’t come?

If you find that you are unable to come as arranged, please try to contact your former partner in advance and let the coordinator know by phoning 07722 036873 and leaving a message on the answer phone.

Are there any rules?

Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children while at the Centre. The Centre has a no smoking, no drugs and no alcohol policy. If you have been drinking before you arrive, you will be asked to leave.

All rules will be discussed in depth at your pre-visit with the coordinator.

Can I bring my new partner/friends/family members?

We find that it is in the best interest of the children if your new partner/friends do not come into the Centre itself with you. Other family members may be able to attend sessions if it is agreed by both parties and the coordinator and dates are planned in advance.